Things not to do after Fire Damage
If you experience fire or smoke damage in your home, here are some things that you should NOT do while waiting for your remediation team to arrive.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Gateway
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO of Gateway
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat, or water (they may be contaminated).
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create a secondary damage.
- Send garments to dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set in smoke odor.
SERVPRO of Gateway has a group of certified and trained professionals that will make your home look “Like it never even happened.”